gunk, attitude, and carrers
Hmmm....my day at work today consisted of soaking a tile floor and scraping of all the many years of build up underneath a display case. The build up consisted of floor wax with dirt and grime and whatever else you can think of that would be on a hardware stores floor. mmm...Sounds fun huh? Well, actually I didn't even get told to do the job. I was just desperately needing something to do at work besides stand at the counter and wait for customers(they come far and few in the months of January and February). Isn't it funny how when you volunteer to do a job your attitude is so much different than if someone asks you to do a job? I guess it's just more of a duty if your asked to do something rather than volunteering and not expecting anything for it. I didn't finish the job and I have tomorrow off, but I have this feeling it will still be waiting for me come Friday. Lately, I've been thinking about careers just off the top of my head or stores that I go to. Starbucks was one idea: the positive: good benefits and wages that increase, fun atmosphere, I like the service business. the negatives: people are very finicky about their coffee and it's gotta be just right, and the array of customers that they get can be very rude and pushy to say it nicely. It's funny, I've never been a heavy coffee drinker (I usually have one maybe once a month), but I've realized that there are good mochas and very bad mochas. I always feel awkward about telling the coffee people that my coffee was bad, but I want them to know so they can improve. I just haven't got the guts yet to tell them in a tactful way. I'm just jabbering on so I'll quite for tonight.

1 Comments:
Hi Mandy! I just wanted to say hey. It was fun seeing you over Christmas. I'm sad we didn't get to spend more time together. Things got pretty crazy and before I knew it, I had to go back to school. Believe me, I would have loved to stay longer and hang out! Anyway, I like your blog...keep posting! TTYL :)
6:59 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home