Tuesday, May 01, 2007

California Summers

It's official! Lord willing, I will be spending my summer in sunny California. At least, that's to say that I have a place to stay for free (along w/working 12 hours a week in exchange). I do, however, need to find a job. Any ideas? I know the places that I don't want to work (food service, lifeguard and all the typical high school jobs). I wouldn't mind working at a hardware store like Lowe's, but I'd also like to get some experience in my college degree. I switched my emphasis a couple of weeks ago from Bus. Admin. Management to Bus. Admin Accounting. I hope this is a good switch, sometimes I doubt my choice, but if nothing else I can always do something else with my degree. The nice thing about Accounting is that it gives a person good background that is useful for many positions.
I also recently switched churches. I loved my old church, the people and everything, it was just too big and I found it harder to get involved. My new church is quite small (around 150 people) and is only a about a year old or so. We meet in a high school and will soon have a building in May.
This last week of lectures is kinda crazy. I can hardly believe my first year here is over. Only a week and a half left! I'm also taking an intense summer course immediately after for two weeks and then I will be officialy done.
God Bless everyone! I am pressing on to the end and making the most of every opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home