Crazy things during WOW week



Ok, so now that the crazy week is over I finally have sometime to share a little. WOW week is week of welcome at Master's. It's a week dedicated for new students to learn the distinctives of Master's while having a lot of crazy and exciting events. We did so much this week that I won't go over all of it. I'll just give you some highlights. We got to go to the beach and swim in the cold ocean. I returned with a bad burn on the back of my legs. We visited a church in LA and learned about some ministry opportunities of the ghettos in LA. We had a country western night and a hawaian night. The hawaian night was also the night where people had the chance to go down the slip in slide made out of visquine, dish soap and a hose. I did not choose to do that. :) The last event was the Master's Cup. This event happens every year where each dorm competes in a relay race against each other (guys and girls compete seperately). Each dorm gets there dorm colors on. Each dorm and it's brother dorm (guy and girls dorms have brother and sister dorms that they team up with) get together and start their chants and cheers and walk down to the gym. Knowing how college students can be loud, you can imagine the excitement and intensity involved. To make a long story short, it was a ton of fun and involved a lot of excitement. I was on the last part where we had to make a ten person pyramid and have the top person sing the ABC song and jump off to grab the bowling pin at the end of the gym. Well, we were about 15 second from getting 1st place. We got second instead which is still really good, but just not as satisfying as 1st. As one of the guys in the 1st place said, "Winning isn't everything, but it sure feels good." That's my week in a nutshell. Next week classes start so don't be surprised if I take longer to update again.

4 Comments:
Mandy!! My apologies for not getting to see you before your departure to California! This summer has been so crazy/interesting for me. Thank you for your message. I hope all is well. God bless!!!!!!
3:05 PM
Hi Mandy! It sounds like you're having fun! Keep posting!
4:46 PM
I can't say it's been the easiest transition, but with a lot of prayer I am getting more relaxed here.
9:28 PM
WE LIKED YOUR PICTURE OF YOUR ROOM WE WILL CHECK IN TO YOUR BLOG OFTEN! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!
E,L
5:26 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home