Monday, September 18, 2006

Java

And no, I'm not talking about coffee.....although that would be a much easier subject. Ever feel like you are totally incapable of ever understanding something? Well, that's me right now in my Java intro to computer programming class. I knew it would be stretching and difficult, but I never imagined it could be this mind boggling. It's as if I have to put my mind on another planet. Programmers definently have a different mind. It is beyond me. This is going to be one of those classes where I have no problem being totally and completely dependent upone the Lord to get me through it. Sometimes I wonder how He even understands it, but then He is the creator of the whole world. He is the Master programmer! I'm glad He's on my side.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but smile reading you post. Being that I know a thing or two about programming I figured I could give you some advise. More than any other class you take the Internet will be your friend. Any time you get a weird error or want to know how to do something just type it in too google. Almost every time you will find the answer with some nice explanations. Often when I get some error I will type the message verbatim in to google and find a solution. Remember don't give up.

7:24 AM

 
Blogger Mandalin said...

Thanks Nathanael for the great encouragement. Although my problem seems to be more of the whole understanding of programming and taking it from the lecture to the application in excercises out of the book. I have pretty much decided to drop the class. I didn't want to give up, but this just isn't where I want my degree. I am deciding on a management emphasis now rather than the MIS emphasis.

9:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy. This post has generated a lot of buzz on your blog so I couldn't help but join in on the rave. Java sounds tough! I think management sounds cool and there's no harm in exlporing different paths. Good luck :)

10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home