Thursday, September 14, 2006

Professor Jensen

Ok, so life has not been the easiest adjustment here. I bring GOOD NEWS! The first two weeks were tough, but now we are in to the heart of school (the third week). Tests are coming, but I can finally say I am enjoying my time here. Today, I went to classes as normal. I only have two on Thursday: MIS and World History. Today is like no other day in World History, today was a Starbuck's lottery day! This is the first one in History (lecture 2).
So here is how it works:
-Come to class and sign your initials for attendance...notice the venti Starbucks cup at the sign in table and see the paper to sign and put your name in the cup. Hmmm..should I do the lottery? What if I actually get picked? Will it be a good time? Ok, so I'll just try it out. I drop my name in the cup and have that feeling that I will be picked. OK, just trust in whatever God plans.
-Prof Jensen starts class with prayer and then moves to the drawing of the names. He will draw two girls and two guys....Drum roll...A girl drawn two seats next to me....next, MY NAME is called....I think I want to go..ok, just go and have fun. Two guys are picked and that's the end of the lottery until next time.

So, 4:30 hits and we all meet at the Gazeebo to get our free Starbuck's drink and just talk and share a little of our lives with Prof Jensen and 3 other students.

I won't bore you with the details, but I have to say it's one of the best times I've had here at Master's. It's basically set up as a talk show: Prof Jensen is the Host and we are the people he interviews. He also shares about His own life during the conversation. We go around the circle with different questions about: your home town and all the details, your major and where you are headed in life, any thing you have collected over the years and hobbies. At the end, He opens the discusion to ask him any questions. Our hour comes to an end and we all leave with the experience of getting to know each other in about an hour, over free Starbuck's drinks. That's my experience for today.
Life Lesson: Be real with people and open up to listen. You never know what interesting things you can learn about a stranger in History class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home